Polskin Arts & Communications Counselors (Polskin Arts), a division of Finn Partners, is the oldest and largest firm specializing in cultural marketing and public relations. Founded almost 60 years ago, Polskin Arts works with cultural institutions and with corporations that support the arts.
We are looking for an Assistant Account Executive—a bright, organized and detail-oriented individual comfortable in in a fast-paced, demanding environment—to join our experienced team. The applicant must be a self-starter who is able to multi-task and have the ability to take initiative and problem solve. He/she must also have extensive computer skills (Word and Excel a must), impeccable phone etiquette and people skills, experience working in a team environment, and the ability to prioritize and take direction from several people. Agency or in-house PR experience in the arts and culture field preferred but not required as well as an interest in art or art history.
· Working with team to create and execute strategic communications plans
· Compiling and updating media lists
· Preparing agendas, notes and media updates for weekly client calls
· Generating coverage reports, clippings and event recaps
· Assisting senior staff with administrative work such as coordinating expense reports and travel arrangements, scheduling meetings, printing materials and organizing mailings
· Acting as day to day contact for clients and media
· Handling media inquiries, arranging for interviews with client spokespeople
· Developing, editing and distributing press materials including press releases, pitch letters, media alerts, fact sheets, image sheets, remarks, Q&As, and presentations
· Actively pitching media outlets
· Planning and staffing special events, such as press previews, press conferences and press trips
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills both verbal and written
· Team player
· Ability to multi task and prioritize
· Strong writing and media relations skills
· Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
· Knowledge of Cision and Adobe / InDesign preferred
· Basic understanding of social media tools + channels
Salary is commensurate with experience. Full benefits available.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org