The Digital Marketing Analyst/Strategist will be responsible for working with qualitative and quantitative data to derive insights and actionable recommendations, both with a digital- and overall business-focus, for our clients. The Analyst/Strategist will be responsible for conducting primary and secondary research, and performing quantitative analysis to develop digital strategies and optimize integrated marketing programs and campaigns. The strategist will play a key role in the Finn Partners planning teams and will establish measurement frameworks and processes to support continuous optimization of our clients’ marketing programs.
The analyst/strategist will also be responsible for defining and reporting on key metrics, analyzing data from various sources and tools, and proactively providing insights to Finn team members. Additionally, the strategist will review existing research and historical performance to create guidelines to ensure our advertising efforts are effective and aligned with clients’ business objectives.
Successful candidates will be inquisitive and ask a lot of questions, be able to take initiative, drive projects from beginning to end, and bring structure and clarity to projects that lack it.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with internal and client teams to understand goals and data sources and help establish benchmarks and metrics of online marketing campaigns
- Execute research projects such as web/social landscape scans, search engine competitiveness reviews, web/social channels audits, persona development, and audience segmentation
- Evaluate effectiveness of online campaigns, website changes, and inbound and outbound programs on lead acquisition and monetization
- Design experiments and leverage various tools to implement A/B or multivariate tests to provide in-depth insights to the marketing team on the effectiveness of online/digital initiatives
- Identify opportunities to help optimize marketing efforts to encourage visits, conversions, and to drive sales, customer acquisition, and customer retention
- Support implementation and optimization of marketing automation solutions for clients.
- Assist in conducting comprehensive market research and identify market trends
- Review, support, and recommend improvements to existing analysis procedures and methods
- Provide expert perspective on modeling approaches, technique, tools, and visualizations in resolving marketing-related business problem.
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree in Marketing, Business, Communication or a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Mathematics, Economics). Advanced degrees (Masters, PhD) a plus.
- 5-7 years’ experience in a related marketing analyst, product manager or customer acquisition role
- B2C, B2B and B2B2C experience a plus
- Thorough understanding of web/social media marketing analytics, measurement, testing and experimentation, and data mining.
- Knowledge of inbound marketing methodologies and marketing automation software (Hubspot, Marketo, Pardot, etc.)
- Experience with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics, SEMRush, SpyFu, Webmaster, etc.
- Familiar with analytics tools and data solutions such as Crimson Hexagon, Traackr and FullContact to name a few
- Analytics and metrics knowledge of pay-per-click (PPC), email marketing, Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Google AdWords and Google Analytics certification a plus
- Working knowledge of major marketing automation platforms, including HubSpot, Marketo, Pardot, and similar
- Advanced spreadsheet skills (pivot tables, Excel, Google Docs, etc)
- Comfortable with hands-on involvement with data retrieval, manipulation, analysis and insight generation
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize/complete projects in a timely manner
- Excellent verbal, written, communication as well as presentation skills
About Finn Partners
Named 2015 Midsize Agency of the Year and 2013 Best Agency to Work For by The Holmes Report, 500+ of the most accomplished professionals in the industry make up Finn Partners. Our managing partners alone have more than 175 years of combined experience working in the technology, consumer goods, travel/economic development, global affairs, arts, and corporate affairs sectors. Our partners have managed major international campaigns and launched some of the most exciting products that have to come to market. Most importantly they are leaders and mentors that inspire both their clients and their teams. Read on to hear some of our stories.